BA LLB – DIRECTOR
Bachelor of Laws (UTS)
Bachelor of Arts (Sydney)
Graduate Diploma in Urban Estate Management (UTS)
Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
Graduate of Australian Institute of Company Directors
ADMISSION TO PRACTICE:
Solicitor in New South Wales – 1997
Alice has built a strong reputation for frank, strategic advice to corporations, governments, consultants and organisations across a wide range of planning and environmental matters.
Alice’s expertise and knowledge of the NSW planning system is underpinned by her experience in government and the development industry as a lawyer, senior Ministerial adviser (including Chief-of-Staff) and as Executive Director of NSW Department of Planning responsible for legislation and policy reform.
Alice specialises in:
- providing strategic legal advice to clients, particularly in relation to major projects, rezonings, development contributions and government approvals
- drafting and review of policies, planning instruments and agreements, and development proposals for government and business clients
- the management of projects in the Land and Environment Court of NSW and liaison with government and regulators
- advising in relation to corporate risk, due diligence, governance and issues management.
Alice’s particular areas of expertise include:
- planning and environment
- development and major projects
- litigation and strategy
- public policy and legislative reform.
Alice works with clients to get the best outcome from a commercial or policy perspective. She is a strategic thinker and a creative problem solver whether in giving advice or managing dispute resolution.
Alice regularly presents papers and conducts seminars on the planning system and legislation to clients, major stakeholder and interest groups, industry associations and universities. She sits on the Planning Research Centre Advisory Council, University of Sydney and is the Chair of the Women’s Housing Company, a not-for-profit housing organisation serving single women without dependent children.
|Direct telephone:||+61 2 9261 7080|
|Mobile:||+61 419 260 708|