Andrew Jacobs, BA. LLB. Grad Dip Legal Practice Management
(+612) 9261 7086
Andrew has significant knowledge and experience in all facets of retail, commercial and industrial leasing, including assisting and advising both landlords and tenants in their negotiations, drafting leases and bespoke lease provisions and other related transactions, assignments, surrenders and enforcement of obligations. Andrew’s client-centric approach to legal matters is practical and pragmatic. Andrew has acted for a range of clients with regard to leases for premises of various sizes including ASX listed companies, national franchisors, retailers and distributors, local subsidiaries of foreign companies and SMEs.
Andrew has broad experience in acquisitions and disposals of real estate, property development, property due diligence, property financing and advising on a range of general property related matters.
Notable assignments include the following:
- acting for ASX companies on all aspects of leasing, including managing their retail, commercial & industrial leasing portfolios.
- acting for shopping centre landlords on all aspects of retail leasing, e.g. preparing, drafting, negotiating, advising on and finalizing retail lease documentation including but not limited to disclosure documents, leases, agreement for leases, assignments, subleases, renewals, variations, side deeds such as incentive deeds fitout deeds & relocations deeds, licences (e.g. car park and access licences).
- acting for retail, commercial and industrial clients (both landlords and tenants), providing strategic advice and all aspects of leasing (e.g. fitout, insurance, assignment, subletting, notices, option to renew, rent & reviews, outgoings, variations, make good, relocation, default, dispute resolution and respective tenant & landlord rights & obligations under lease documentation).
- acting on long-term ground and anchor leases including leading negotiations with institutional landlords (both corporate and government authorities).
- acting on land titling matters and issues including consolidation & subdivisions, negotiating easements & covenants and other encumbrances with both corporate and government authorities.
- acting on disposal & acquisition of retail shopping centres, commercial buildings and industrial greenfield land, including but not limited to conducting property due and advising on contractual issues.